The second phase of the eased COVID-19 lockdown has been extended by four weeks by The Federal government today Thursday, 6th August 2020.
The announcement was made during a briefing in Abuja by Boss Mustapha the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), who also serves as the chairman of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19.
Mustapha said the extension of the current ease of lockdown was approved by President Muhammadu Buhari after the COVID-19 task force on Wednesday, August 5th, briefed him about the progress made so far in containing the spread the disease.
He said under the revised guidelines of the eased lockdown which will be maintained in the next four weeks, the current nationwide curfew from 10pm- 6am still stands.
The SGF urged Nigerians to act responsibly by taking steps to prevent contracting and spreading COVID-19. He also called on citizens to stop stigmatising people who have contracted, been treated, and have been certified negative for COVID-19.